We understand that the term “trades” is a half lazy attempt to lump a bunch of different industries, skills, and people together under one word. The term “trades” also causes some confusion trying to figure out the exact businesses that the InsureMyTools platform is designed to help. Due to this confusion we are going to try to clear the air right now.
Table of Contents
Do I Need to Swing a Hammer to Get a Policy?
NO! We offer packages for more than just hammer swinging men and women. Every business owner should obtain a CGL policy in order to protect the business they have given life to. If you own your own business and your business falls into one of the categories we list out below, then we can get you a very competitive insurance package for your businesses that includes proper CGL coverage.
What Businesses Are Eligible?
There are many different types of businesses that operate in Canada and we will try our best to list all those who could be eligible for the great rates and service from InsureMyTools.ca, but we are only human and we could forget to list a trade or business. If you do not see your trade or business operations in our list, please do not hesitate to contact us to find out if you could be a fit for our great insurance packages.
- Acoustic or Tile Ceilings
- Antennae or Satellite Dish (including incidental wiring)
- Appliance Repair
- Air Conditioning – Including Heat Pumps (HVAC)
- Chimney Sweeping
- Doors, Windows, or Awnings Installation and Service
- Furnace and Heating Duct Cleaning
- Glazier Operation
- Heating Equipment – Oil, Gas, Solid Fuel or Geothermal
- Interior Decorating
- Janitorial/Cleaning Contractors
- Landscape Gardening (including sprinkler installation)
- Piano Tuning
- Refrigeration – Commercial
- Rug and Upholstery Cleaning
- Septic Tank Installation
- Sewer and Drain Cleaning
- Sewer, Steam Mains, or Water Main Contractors
- Sign Installation
- Small Engine Repair (Lawn and Garden Equipment Repair)
- Solar Energy Contractors
- Street Cleaning
- Swimming Pool (installation, service, repair, or cleaning)
- Television, Radio, or Home Entertainment Equipment Repair
- Tent and Canvas Awning
- Tree Removal, Trimming, and Pruning
- Water Softening and Treatment Equipment – Residential
- Water Well Drilling (no water quality testing)
- Window Cleaning
- Building Construction – Residential or Commercial
- Carpenters and Woodworkers
- Cement and Concrete Work
- Driveways, Parking Lots, or Sidewalk Construction
- Dry Wall or Plastering and Lathing
- Electrician (Electrical Wiring, Including Fixtures and Appliances, Cable Wiring)
- Fence Construction
- Floor Covering
- Grading of Land
- Highway, Street, or Road Construction
- Insulation of Buildings (no asbestos or U.F.F.I.)
- Masonry, Bricklaying, Stonework, Marble, or Stuccoing Contractors
- Plumbers (including hot tub installation)
- Private Dock Construction
- Sheet Metal Contractors
- Steel or Iron Erection
Top 3 Reasons to Choose InsureMyTools.ca
We know you have a lot of choices out there to get insurance from. So we put together a very short list of the reasons why you should consider choosing InsureMyTools.ca for your businesses insurance needs.
1. We Are Here For The Trades
We are not insuring any hair stylists, bakery’s, or any other business than a skilled trade oriented business like the ones we listed above. In our eyes and hopefully yours, this is a huge asset as we know your industry and we know exactly the types of coverages you need and don’t need on your policies. We are not lying when we say that without the trades doing their jobs we wouldn’t have a building to run our business out of and we feel that they should be celebrated. For this reason, we created InsureMyTools.ca to help those trades men and women get the insurance they need as quickly, painlessly, and affordable as they can.
2. Great Premiums/Price
The fact that we specialize in insuring businesses in construction/trades, we can really narrow down the insurance companies that offer great rates for those types of insurance policies. We have made partnerships with the insurance companies that are going to be there for you and your business when you need them most. By being so specialized we were also able to find you the best rates possible.
3. Our Service
We made InsureMyTools to be a fast and affordable way for people working in the trades to obtain insurance. This did not hinder our commitment to the service we provide to our clients. Our customers are the reason why we are business, and we won’t forget that.
4. Our Sense of Humour (get it – #4)
If you have had the pleasure and or luxury of checking out our social media pages, then you already know that we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Life is too short to not have fun. Check out our Twitter page for a laugh and you could even learn something about your insurance while you do so.